** Project call for studentships starting in Sept 2024 is now closed **
IMPORTANT: This last project call was for our last cohort of students for DTP3. Future studentships are dependent on the success of our DTP4 renewal which we hope to hear the outcome of in Sept/Oct 2024. Of note, it is likely that a project call will still take place in June/July 2024 (deadline Sept 2024) in anticipation of the outcome.
Please submit your online project pro-forma by the advertised project call deadline.
There are 3 separate pools of studentships to which you can apply for studentships. Supervisors can be listed as the main/Rothamsted/lead supervisor only once within each of these pools:
- Standard studentships
- Standard studentships with associate partners
- CASE studentships
Please take the time to read the below very useful documents before starting your project pro-forma.
SWBio DTP information
- Rotation project expectations
- Overview of the different types of DTP studentships
- Introduction to the DTP by the DTP Hub– ~30min presentation
- 2023/2024 preliminary timetable for taught first year
- BBSRC FAQs
- BBSRC CASE information pack
- Former BBSRC CASE partners
- Former SWBio DTP CASE partners
- SWBio DTP letter for circulation to prospective CASE partners
- What to include in the CASE letter of support
- Overview of SWBio DTP CASE Studentship Agreement
A summary of requirements from CASE partners can be found within the introduction of the online CASE project pro-forma.
Important dates (for studentships starting in Sept 2024)
|Project call deadline||Midday, Mon 11 Sept|
|Outcome of institutional project sifting||Mid October|
|Projects advertised||Mid October|
|Application deadline||Midnight, Mon 4 Dec|
|Supervisor nominations||Midday, Friday 12 Jan|
|Invites sent||W/c 15 Jan|
Communications from the SWBio DTP will be sent via the SWBio DTP mailing list. To sign up to this mailing list, please follow the below instructions:
- Go to the SWBIO-DTP mailing list: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=swbio-dtp
- Choose the ‘subscribe’ option and include your details
- Receive confirmation which will require you to click ‘OK confirmation’
Unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by visiting the SWBIO-DTP mailing list: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=swbio-dtp
Of note, if you include e-mail addresses of supervisors/collaborators that are within one of the SWBio DTP institutions as part of the online pro-forma, they will automatically be added to the SWBio DTP mailing list. If you do not wish for these to be added to this mailing list, please e-mail email@example.com.