Below is some information about how you as a supervisor will be involved as part of your student’s CASE placement.
- Each student will remain registered as a student throughout their placement, therefore, it is expected that you both remain in contact throughout the placement.
- The SWBio DTP Hub will also be in contact with the student at key points, to see how they are getting on and to remind them of some important tasks that need to be completed, for example, the supervisor visit and feedback forms for both the DTP and BBSRC.
- During the placement, a visit with your student is expected (an ideal time would be half-way through). If the duration of the CASE placement is 6 months+, it is expected that further visits take place every 3 months.This is an informal visit with the primary aim of monitoring your student’s progress and welfare. Your student will be responsible for arranging the visit with their CASE organisation.
- A visitor’s report form will need to be completed – there are some sections you may need to complete ahead of the visit. If the placement is not geographically close, this meeting can take place via Skype (preferred) or telephone. If you as the main supervisor are unable to attend the visit then it is the responsibility of the second supervisor.
- Please return your completed form within 2 weeks of the visit to the SWBio DTP Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the SWBio DTP Hub for further information or any questions about supporting a CASE student: email@example.com