SWBio DTP Handbooks
- SWBio DTP Supervisor Handbook 22-23
- SWBio DTP Student Handbook 22-23
- SWBio DTP Taught Handbook 22-23
SWBio DTP Expectations
- As supervisors of SWBio DTP students
- Rotation Projects
- PIPS placement / CASE placement
- Supervisor key dates calendar
Supporting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments. We therefore welcome individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We also welcome individuals who have previously studied at any recognised Higher Education Institute and from a range of career paths (please refer to the SWBio DTP academic criteria for eligibility), including individuals who have previously trained in the sciences and are wanting to return to scientific research.
As part of our recruitment process, we expect all our potential supervisors to have completed institutional training in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, unconscious bias and interviewing for PhD candidates. This will shortly be complemented by our own online DTP training resources (currently in design), which will encompass training for reviewing applications, interviewing and supporting students from all backgrounds as a supervisor. We also provide a DTP ‘EDI considerations for potential supervisors’ guidance document as part of our recruitment process which all potential supervisors will receive.
- The Equality Act and protected characteristics (short video)
- Understanding unconscious bias (short video)
- Supervising postgraduate researchers from diverse backgrounds (resource developed by the University of Nottingham)
We welcome any feedback to help support EDI throughout all aspects of our recruitment process and training programme. You can do this either by speaking with your local DTP representatives or get in contact with us in the DTP Hub.