*Projects now available for PhD studentships starting in Sept 2022*
Application deadline: Midnight, Monday 6th December 2021.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments. We therefore welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We welcome applications from individuals who have previously studied at any recognised Higher Education Institute and from a range of career paths (please refer to the SWBio DTP academic criteria for eligibility), including individuals who have previously trained in the sciences and are wanting to return to scientific research.
Submitting your application
Please find below details on how to apply. Please apply through the institution listed as the host institution for the PhD project you are interested in, unless otherwise indicated.
- When completing the online application form, please identify your application as being for the SWBio DTP call in Section 3 Finance (question 2).
- Should you wish to apply for more than one project at Bath, you may do so without submitting a separate application but you should state all the projects for which you would like to be considered in the ‘Your research interests’ section of the application form and you should upload a separate statement for each one, outlining your motivation, achievements and suitability for that particular project.
- From the 'Start your application' page, search for South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (PhD) under 'find a programme' and select it from the dropdown list. Select 'apply' to begin your application.
- If you do not already have an account, create a 'new applicant' profile and follow the instructions.
- If you apply to multiple projects at the University of Bristol you will need to enter a new application for each project.
- When completing your application, please list Doctor of Philosophy as the 'qualification' and 1 October 2022 as the 'start date'.
- You will need to include the project you are applying to and the main supervisor as part of the application.
- For funded studentships: When asked if you are intending to self-fund, please select No and within the text box list BBSRC South Bioscience DTP
- You will need to submit a separate application for each project you wish to be considered for.
- Guidance on how to complete your application >>
As part of your application you will normally be required to submit:
- Two references
- Academic transcripts / degree certificate(s)
- Personal statement. Please include supporting evidence for your Maths background.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificates (where applicable)