Projects will next be advertised in Oct 2022 for PhD studentships starting in Sept 2023. Join our mailing list below to be kept updated with the latest information:
Submitting your application
Please find below details on how to apply to each of the SWBio DTP institutions. Please apply to the institution listed as the host institution for the PhD project you are interested in, unless otherwise indicated.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments. We therefore welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We welcome applications from individuals who have previously studied at any recognised Higher Education Institute and from a range of career paths (please refer to the SWBio DTP academic criteria for eligibility), including individuals who have previously trained in the sciences and are wanting to return to scientific research.
- Please read the Bath SWBio DTP programme information before completing your application.
- When completing the online application form, please identify your application as being for the SWBio DTP call in Section 3 Finance (question 2).
- Should you wish to apply for more than one project at Bath, you may do so without submitting a separate application but you should state all the projects for which you would like to be considered in the ‘Your research interests’ section of the application form and you should upload a separate statement for each one, outlining your motivation, achievements and suitability for that particular project.
- Please read the Bristol SWBio DTP programme information before completing your application.
- From the 'Start your application' page, search for South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (PhD) under 'find a programme' and select it from the dropdown list. Select apply to begin your application.
- If you do not already have an account, create a 'new applicant' profile and follow the instructions in eVision.
- If you apply to multiple projects at the University of Bristol you will need to enter a new application for each project.
- Please read the Cardiff SWBio DTP programme information before completing your application.
- When completing your application, please list Doctor of Philosophy as the 'qualification' and 1 October 2022 as the 'start date'.
- You will need to include the project you are applying to and the main supervisor as part of the application.
- For funded studentships: When asked if you are intending to self-fund, please select No and within the text box list BBSRC South Bioscience DTP
- You will need to submit a separate application for each project you wish to be considered for.
- Guidance on how to complete your application >>
As part of your application you will be required to submit:
- Two references
- Academic transcripts / degree certificate(s)
- Personal statement. Please include supporting evidence for your Maths background.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificates (where applicable)
Further guidance about these documents and who to contact if you have any queries can be found as part of the application process when you apply through the relevant institution listed above.