** Projects now available for studentships commencing in September 2019 **
Application deadline: Midnight, Monday 3rd December 2018.
Projects are available in a range of academic disciplines and the projects will be supervised by an interdisciplinary team of academic staff.
Please find below details on how to apply to each of the SWBio DTP institutions. Please apply to the institution listed as the host institution for the PhD project you are interested in.
- When completing the online application form, please identify your application as being for the SWBio DTP call in Section 3 Finance (question 2).
- Should you wish to apply for more than one project at Bath, you may do so without submitting a separate application but you should state all the projects for which you would like to be considered in the ‘Your research interests’ section of the application form and you should upload a separate statement for each one, outlining your motivation, achievements and suitability for that particular project.
- Further information on the application procedure >>
- As part of your application, you need to choose: Faculty of Life Sciences under the 'Faculty' section, and South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (PhD) under the 'programme choice' section. Additionally under the 'Research Details' section, please indicate that you are applying for a SWBio DTP funded project and give the project title and names of supervisors.
- If you apply to multiple projects at the University of Bristol, please enter a new application for each project. For each new application you will need to change your username but you can maintain the same e-mail address and password.
- Please list Doctor of Philosophy as the 'qualification' and 1 October 2019 as the 'start date'.
- You will need to include the project you are applying to and the main supervisor as part of the application.
- For funded studentships: When asked if you are intending to self-fund, please select No and within the text box list BBSRC South Bioscience DTP
- You will need to submit a separate application for each project you wish to be considered for.
- Guidance on how to complete your application >>
As part of your application you will be required to submit:
- Two references. Neither of the referees should be part of the supervisory team.
- Academic transcripts / degree certificate(s)
- Personal statement. Please include supporting evidence for your Maths background.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificates (where applicable)
Further information about: