The application deadline has now passed for studentships that commence in September 2018. For studentships that commence in September 2019, available projects will be advertised in October 2018.
Projects are available in a range of academic disciplines and the projects will be supervised by an interdisciplinary team of academic staff.
Please find below details on how to apply to each of the SWBio DTP institutions. Please apply to the institution listed as the host institution for the PhD project you are interested in.
University of Bath
- When completing the online application form, please identify your application as being for the SWBio DTP call in Section 3 Finance (question 2).
- Should you wish to apply for more than one project at Bath, you may do so without submitting a separate application but you should state all the projects for which you would like to be considered in the ‘Your research interests’ section of the application form and you should upload a separate statement for each one, outlining your motivation, achievements and suitability for that particular project.
- Further information on the application procedure >>
University of Bristol
- As part of your application, you need to choose: Faculty of Biomedical Sciences under the ‘Faculty’ section, and South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (PhD) under the ‘programme choice’ section. Additionally under the ‘Research Details’ section, please indicate that you are applying for a SWBio DTP funded project and give the project title and names of supervisors.
- If you apply to multiple projects at the University of Bristol, please enter a new application for each project. For each new application you will need to change your username but you can maintain the same e-mail address and password.
University of Exeter
- Please select discipline ‘Biosciences’ and then select your preferred project from the drop down list under ‘award applying for’.
- You will need to submit a separate application for each project you wish to be considered for.