** The project call for studentships starting in Sept 2022 is now closed **
Project call will be launched again end of June/early July 2022, with a deadline of the beginning of September 2022, for studentships starting in Sept 2023.
Please find below the links to complete your online project pro-forma.
NOTE: Please note a PDF view is included so you can view the survey in its entirety. However, these PDF views do have limitations; not all information required in the tables can be viewed in this format and any live updates to the online project pro-formas will not be captured.
Our partnership includes the following organisations:
- Core partners: Universities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter, and Rothamsted Research
- Associate partners: Marine Biological Association (MBA), Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML), Swansea University, SETSquared Bristol, UCB Pharma (Slough), University of the West of England (UWE)
- Eligible to act as main supervisor: Supervisor based at any core partner (Rothamsted-based studentships: referred to as Rothamsted supervisor)
- Opportunities to act as second supervisor/other supervisor/collaborator: Any core partner or associate partner.
- Student location: Students will primarily be based at the core partner institution.
Projects in collaboration with a CASE partner
- Eligible to act as main supervisor: Supervisor based at any core partner or UWE (Rothamsted-based studentships: referred to as Rothamsted supervisor)
- Opportunities to act as second supervisor/other supervisor/collaborator: Any core partner or associate partner. (Rothamsted-based studentships: only core partner)
- Student location: Primarily based at the main supervisor’s institution but will spend between 3-18 months on a placement with the CASE partner.
- SME’s within SETSquared Bristol* and UCB Pharma (Slough) are eligible to act as a CASE partners (subject to meeting BBSRC CASE requirements).
*SETSquared Bristol are a business incubator for many new and emerging SMEs (small or medium-sized enterprises). As part of our new partnership with SETSquared Bristol, we hope to support future and current collaborations with SME’s, of whom could act as CASE partners.
Standard studentships with associate partner
Projects in full collaboration with our associate partners
- Two lead supervisors: One lead supervisor based at core partner and one lead supervisor based at an eligible associate partner
- Opportunities to act as other supervisor/collaborator: Any core partner or associate partner.
- Student location: To spend ~50% of their time at each of the lead institutions
- Eligible associate partners: Marine Biological Association (MBA), Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML), Swansea University, University of the West of England (UWE).
Completing the online project pro-forma
A few points to note on completing the online project pro-forma:
- A number of sections to be completed are listed as ‘required’ to ensure these are completed. Please just list N/A where you have no text to include.
- There is a ‘finish later’ option so you do not need to complete the project pro-forma in one sitting. A unique link will be provided which you can share with others to help you work collaboratively.
- You can download a copy for your records once you have submitted your project pro-forma.
- Once you have submitted you will not be able to make any further changes to your project, so please ensure that the copy you submit is the final copy.
- Only project pro-formas submitted by the online project call survey will be accepted.