The SWBio DTP receive six Research Experience Placements (REPs) per year from the BBSRC. These are summer research placements for undergraduates, designed to give students a first-hand opportunity to gain greater experience of research in the biosciences and an awareness of research careers.
- The duration of a REP is up to 10 weeks during the summer vacation.
- Students need to be eligible to apply (refer below).
- You will be paid at least the minimum national living wage for the duration of the REP.
- There are no additional funds available to support travel and accommodation costs whilst undertaking the REP.
To be eligible for a REP, undergraduate students need to be:
- In the middle years of their first degree studies
- Registered for a basic science (including mathematics and engineering) or veterinary degree at a UK university
- Expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree
Projects available for Summer 2020
The application deadline has now passed for Summer 2020 REP projects.
Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertain COVID-19 situation, advertised REP projects at short notice may need to be adapted (e.g. to allow working from home/change in start or end dates/cancelled), for example, due to enforced departmental/institution closures. Flexibility/contingency plans have been built into these projects where possible to try and minimise impacts.
Please submit your application and CV to the supervisor(s) who have their e-mail addresses listed in the project advert.
Note: your application may be submitted to the SWBio DTP Administrative Hub (University of Bristol) for eligibility checks.
Following completion of your REP, you will be expected to complete a brief report about the REP for the BBSRC within 3 months of completion of the placement.
If you have any queries about this scheme, please contact us at email@example.com.