The SWBio DTP receive six Research Experience Placements (REPs) per year from the BBSRC. These are summer research placements for undergraduates, designed to give students a first-hand opportunity to gain greater experience of research in the biosciences and an awareness of research careers.
- The duration of a REP is up to 10 weeks during the summer vacation.
- Students need to be eligible to apply (refer below).
- You will be paid at least the minimum national living wage for the duration of the REP.
- There are no additional funds available to support travel and accommodation costs whilst undertaking the REP.
To be eligible for a REP, undergraduate students need to be:
- In the middle years of their first degree studies
- Registered for a basic science (including mathematics and engineering) or veterinary degree at a UK university
- Expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree
Projects available for Summer 2021
Applications for REPs taking place in Summer 2021 are now closed. Projects that were advertised for Summer 2021 are listed below.
Important: Due to the continued uncertain COVID-19 situation, advertised REP projects at short notice may need to be adapted (e.g. to allow working from home). Flexibility/contingency plans have been built into these projects to allow them to continue if circumstances change.
The application deadline has now passed.
Note: your application may be submitted to the SWBio DTP Administrative Hub (University of Bristol) for eligibility checks.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments. We therefore welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We also welcome applications from individuals who studying at any recognised Higher Education Institute.
Following completion of your REP, you will be expected to complete a brief report about the REP for the BBSRC within 3 months of completion of the placement.
If you have any queries about this scheme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.