The SWBio DTP has funding available as part of DTP3 to support student-led cohort training across the DTP (whether this would be a small or large cohort). Below are some examples to inspire you. Any ideas, please do contact the DTP Hub and we will help you to make these a reality!
- Seminar series
- Public engagement
- Widening participation and outreach
For some examples of student-led activities that have taken place, you can see what has happened across the GW4.
- Must be used to support the training of SWBio DTP students directly (whether this be a large or small cohort).
- Cannot be used to support individual student training activities.
- To have at least one SWBio DTP student lead applicant but we do encourage student collaborations within the DTP when leading these activities.
- We do allow for collaborations e.g. with other DTPs/CDTs (within your institutions/across the UK) but do discuss with us further as normally a funding contribution will need to be provided by the other DTP/CDT.
- You will need a listed academic advisor to help support you in designing the activity.
- You will need support from your supervisor that you have the time capacity to deliver this.
- Fees and salary costs for academic/student/collaborators time cannot be included. The exception is where a professional facilitator is being requested.
- Anywhere between £50-£1000 is available per application (justification of costs to be included in proposal).
- There is no limit on the number of times you apply, but priority may be given to new applicants if needed.
- You can apply for further funds to support a successful activity, but priority may be given to new applications if needed.
- Suggest you gain approval at least 3 months before the activity is due to take place to ensure you have enough time to prepare.
- During this current pandemic, you may want to consider what could be delivered virtually or to have a virtual alternative plan. You may also want to consider the timing carefully and to build in flexibility with your dates.
We do ask that you speak with the DTP Hub (firstname.lastname@example.org) before starting your application for initial feedback/guidance on your ideas
Please return your completed form to the DTP Hub.
There will be a rolling call every 3 months; end of November, February, May, August.
However, please contact the DTP Hub to discuss further if you have a time-sensitive proposed activity.